南京桑拿论坛

first_imgCW: Sexual assualt and rapeMore than 80 UK universities have been named on Everyone’s Invited ‘rape culture’ website where students have been reporting accounts of sexual harassment, abuse, misogyny and assault. The website has collated nearly 15,000 anonymous accounts thus far and claims are now being extended to testimonies from university students. The data was released both to highlight the problem on campuses and expose sexual abuse in further education.Receiving over 1000 new testimonies related to universities within a week, Everyone’s Invited has so far mentioned eighty-four institutions in total. Some universities are mentioned dozens of times, including around 50 mentions each for some elite universities. Oxford University (57 times) along with University of Exeter (65) and University College London (48) fall into this category. Seventeen UK universities have more than five mentions and 15 of these qualify as Russell Group universities – traditionally among the most prestigious in the country.When asked to explain the correlation between elite universities and the increased number of mentions, Soma Sara, founder of the Everyone’s Invited website, said: “There are logical reasons for this bias. The platform is still new, and it has grown through word of mouth, with friends sharing it with friends. I went to a private school and then a university in London. As a result, we received an abundance of testimonies from certain areas and groups.”A Russell Group spokesperson said “No student should feel unsafe or have to tolerate harassment or sexual misconduct in any circumstance. Our universities take this issue incredibly seriously and provide a range of support to help students feel supported and safe. Where a crime has been committed it should be reported to the police. The testimonies highlighted via the Everyone’s Invited website show the need for us all to take this issue seriously.”A University of Exeter spokesperson has said: “The safety, security and wellbeing of our students is, and always will be, our primary concern”, adding that it had a “zero tolerance for sexual harassment, abuse or assault”. Similarly, a Leeds University spokesperson also spoke of a zero-tolerance approach. A University of Edinburgh statement said all complaints would be treated seriously and with sensitivity. Oxford University are yet to provide a statement in response to the institution’s several mentions on the website.Image Credit: Janeb13/pixabay.comlast_img read more

first_imgRafael Benitez insists Chelsea still have a realistic chance of winning the Premier League this season.Wednesday’s 0-0 draw with Fulham left the Blues third in the table – six points behind Manchester City and seven behind leaders Manchester United.But the interim manager believes they are still very much in the title race.“It’s still a long way to go. We have to keep going and we will have chances,” he said.“Remember last season Manchester City were ahead and people said it was easy. Then they needed to win their last game.“We need to win games and get confidence back. If we win games we can win competitions.”Click here for Thursday’s Chelsea 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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

first_imgChandra Wickramasinghe and colleagues at Cardiff University have raised the bar on tale-telling ability.  They believe that comets splatting on earth can carry away germs of life that gradually spread farther and farther out, eventually escaping the sun’s pull.  Over time, they might spread life to other worlds.  They estimate that since the origin of the Milky Way galaxy, over 10 billion worlds could have been seeded with life by this process.  Story in EurekAlert.Wickramasinghe, former colleague of the late Fred Hoyle (see 08/22/01), is a useful idiot-genius who has helped demolish arguments for a chance origin of life, but replaced it by a tall tale even more incredible.  Since storytelling has become part and parcel of science, anything goes if you have a PhD, the whoppier the better, and the science news outlets will publish it with nary a guffaw.  (Unless you are a creationist.)(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)FacebookTwitterPinterestSave分享0last_img read more

first_imgSpeedster Brett Lee and all-rounder David Hussey are seen as near certainties in Australia’s campaign to defend the coveted World Cup after the two were selected for the series opener against England.Brett LeeChairman of selectors, Andrew Hilditch after announcing the team for the fist game against the visitors to be held at MCG on Sunday mentioned that the WC squad “will probably be very much reflected in the team we have just announced.”Hilditch however said that there are still some spots to be filled before the final team is announced. “We are still looking at two or three people ahead of that final 15 selection,” the chairman said.”I don’t want to be specific, obviously we know the areas we need to be looking at ahead of the final selection,” he added.The 34-year-old fast bowler had yesterday hinted that he might hang his boots if not picked for the mega event in the sub-continent.The experienced duo will be making a comeback to the national squad after a gap of more than 15 months. While Lee battled injury woes after his last appearance for the Aussies in October 2009 the Victorian batsman hasn’t played a one-day game for Australia since August 2009.Pinning hope on Hussey’s return Hilditch said, “We think he’ll be well suited for the subcontinent conditions.”Hussey was picked by the Punjab IPL team for the fourth edition of IPL which is scheduled to be held immediately after the World Cup is over.Hilditch was also hopeful that a fit Lee will be a potential weapon in the Kangaroo’s armoury. “Brett has had a longer lead in from injury and obviously we’re looking at him to make sure that he’s back to his best,” he said.advertisementCricket Australia is supposed to announce the final World Cup squad on January 19 with injured captain Ricky Ponting seeming to be definite inclusion.- With PTI inputsAustralian squad for first ODI v England: Michael Clarke (capt), Cameron White (vice-capt), Doug Bollinger, Xavier Doherty, Brad Haddin, Nathan Hauritz, David Hussey, Mike Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee, Peter Siddle, Steve Smith, Shaun Tait, Shane Watson.last_img read more

first_imgRenowned cricket coach Ramakant Achrekar, who died due to age-related ailments, was cremated here on Thursday with his most famous ward Sachin Tendulkar in attendance for a tearful adieu.Achrekar, the childhood coach of Tendulkar, passed away at 87 on Wednesday at his Shivaji Park residence in Dadar in Central Mumbai.His body was kept at Shivaji Park, where he coached aspiring cricketers and then taken to a nearby crematorium.When the body was taken outside the ground, young boys, who practice there, gave a guard of honour amid chants of ‘Amar Rahe’.Tendulkar, along with Achrekar’s other wards like Vinod Kambli, Balwinder Singh Sandhu, and Chandrakant Pandit, took part in the procession to the crematorium, where his body was consigned to flames.Earlier, the body was kept at his residence for people to pay their last respects to the Dronacharya and Padma Shri award-winning coach.Mumbai cricketers such as Atul Ranade, Amol Muzumdar Ramesh Powar, Paras Mhambrey, Ranji coach Vinayak Samant, Nilesh Kulkarni, Vinod Raghavan, were also there along with fans.Former Rajasthan coach Pradeep Sundaram, office-bearers of the Mumbai Cricket Association, veteran cricket administrator Prof Ratnakar Shetty also paid their last respects.Among politicians, Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray, MLA and BJP leader Ashish Shelar, Mayor Vishwanath Mahadeshwar also paid tributes to the decorated coach.Also Read | Ramakant Achrekar’s passing away is a big loss to the sporting world: Narendra ModiAlso Read | Ramakant Achrekar dies: Cricket in heaven will be enriched with sir’s presence, says TendulkarAlso Read | Sachin Tendulkar’s tribute to Ramakant Achrekar in his emotional farewell speech in 2013Also See:advertisementlast_img read more

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Fernandinho hails record-breaker Bernardo for Man City win: Pure classby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City midfielder Fernandinho hailed the performance of Bernardo Silva for victory over Liverpool.The 24-year-old was outstanding with and without the ball as City cut Liverpool’s lead at the top of the table to four points.He covered 13.7km, which is more than any other player has managed in the Premier League this season, and Fernandinho, who himself delivered arguably his best Etihad performance, was full of admiration for him.“I think he showed his class,” Fernandinho said.“He has showed his technique so many times, but today he was so aggressive, recovered so many balls and he proved he is very good – one of the best players in our team.“He is so important for us.” last_img read more

first_imgAutoMobile International Terminal, a joint venture of SAAM Puertos and Terminal Zárate, part of Argentinean group Murchison, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Alabama State Port Authority (ASPA) to develop a Ro-Ro terminal at the Port of Mobile.This deal represents the first step in the process of sealing the USD 60 million agreement to develop a RoRO terminal in the only deepwater port in Alabama.James K. Lyons, Director and CEO of ASPA, said that the agreement represents a key step in diversifying the Alabama State Port Authority’s businesses while providing a strategic asset for automotive terminals and shipowners.“The project will allow the Murchison Group and Terminal Zárate to continue expanding into new markets and diversifying their business matrix by partnering with SAAM,” Roberto Murchison, Chairman of Terminal Zárate, said commenting on the MoU.The bids for terminal operator were launched in 2016 in order to meet the growing demand in the region for importing/exporting automobiles manufactured in the United States and the Gulf of Mexico.The terminal will have a capacity for up to 210,000 vehicles per year, according to Chilean terminal operator SAAM Puertos. The facilities will be located on a 23-hectare lot and a wharf with a draft of 12.2 meters, and are well connected to local railroads and highways.It would replace the current model of car exports in the region where the cars are loaded onto ships at ports in other states.Image Courtesy: SAAM Portslast_img read more

House Appropriations Chair Shane Hernandez responds to governors budget proposal

first_img05Mar House Appropriations Chair Shane Hernandez responds to governor’s budget proposal State Rep. Shane Hernandez – chair of the Michigan House Appropriations Committee – issued the following statement after Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s budget proposal presentation:“Tax increases aren’t solutions. Unfortunately, what we heard from the governor are plans to tax and spend — not real solutions for fixing our roads, improving our schools or continuing Michigan’s economic comeback.”Rep. Hernandez on roads:“Michigan drivers deserve every possible effort to make sure the taxes they’re already paying are used effectively and efficiently.  But I didn’t see that in her plan. Coming out of the gate by proposing a 45-cent per gallon tax increase starts the conversation on the wrong foot. Taxpayers deserve better.”Rep. Hernandez on schools:“I strongly support investing in Michigan schools. All children deserve a quality education. I have concerns the proposal to put more money into separate categories for separate purposes does not treat all children equally. The most effective way to improve education for all is to focus more on investing in the per-student allotment, and close the funding gap between school districts so all children are treated equally.”Rep. Hernandez on next steps:“I will work with the governor to eliminate taxes whenever possible and ensure we no longer balance the budget on the backs of our seniors. But I am concerned about other proposals that would raise costs for seniors and all taxpayers, and for many types of small businesses. We need to dig into each and every part of our state budget and find efficiencies to deliver more value to taxpayers – that’s where this conversation must begin.“In the past several years, our financially sound budgeting practices have helped improve Michigan’s economy and put state government on solid financial footing. These efforts must continue, and that will be my focus as I work on our next budget plan with the governor and the Senate.”### Categories: Hernandez News,Newslast_img read more