nrhdfeqn

first_imgUniversity President Fr. John Jenkins released a statement Thursday announcing the revocation of Bill Cosby’s honorary degree from Notre Dame following his conviction of three counts of sexual assault.“As a result of his conviction today on three felony charges in a sexual assault, the University of Notre Dame has rescinded the honorary degree awarded to Bill Cosby in 1990,” Jenkins said in the statement. “While certainly troubled by serious, public accusations made by multiple women against him, the University elected to wait until due process had been afforded the accused, and a verdict delivered, before rescinding the honor.”Cosby has been accused of sexual assault by more than 50 women. He was found guilty Thursday of penetration with lack of consent, penetration while unconscious and penetration after administering an intoxicant in a case brought forward by former Temple University employee Andrea Constand. Constand — in a story similar to those of many of Cosby’s other accusers — said Cosby drugged her in order to sexually assault her in 2004.Jenkins’s decision to rescind Cosby’s honorary degree comes just over two years after the student senate passed a resolution calling on the University administration to do so. The resolution, passed in March 2016, cited Cosby’s admission “under oath to using illegal sedatives to coerce women into sexual intercourse.”“Mr. Cosby’s association with these behaviors is in direct conflict with the University’s stance, as stated in du Lac, that ‘sexual assault is inconsistent with the University’s values and incompatible with the safe, healthy environment that the Notre Dame community expects,’” the resolution stated.Tags: Bill Cosby, Honorary degree, sexual assault, University President Fr. John Jenkinslast_img read more

first_img View Comments Nothing like art imitating life! Father and son James Fox and Jack Fox will star in a new stage adaptation of Roger Mortimer and Charlie Mortimer’s Dear Lupin, Letters to a Wayward Son. Directed by Philip Franks, the production is set to play a limited engagement at the Apollo Theatre after a U.K. tour, July 30 through September 19. Opening night is scheduled for August 3.James Fox’s theater work includes The Happiest Millionaire, Henry V, All in Love, Resurrection Blues and Uncle Vanya. His extensive screen resume includes The Great Train Robbery—A Copper’s Tale, Utopia, Merlin, Waking the Dead, Agatha Christie’s Poirot—Death on the Nile, Remains of the Day, Patriot Games, The Russia House, Absolute Beginners, A Passage to India, Greystoke: the Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes, Performance, Thoroughly Modern Millie and Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines.Jack Fox’s stage credits include The Picture of Dorian Gray. His on screen appearances include Mr Selfridge, Dracula, London Underground, The Messenger, Blood Moon, Kids in Love and Theeb.In the comedy, adapted by Michael Simkins, journalist and author Mortimer’s (James Fox) letters to his unruly son Charlie (Jack Fox) are brought to life.last_img read more

first_img Middle district judgeship available Applications are now being accepted to fill the position of United States District Court judge for the Middle District of Florida. Applications are available from Michael J. Grindstaff, chair of the Florida Federal Judicial Nominating Commission, P.O. Box 4956, Orlando 32802-4956, telephone (407) 423-3200, e-mail mgrindstaff@shutts-law.com and from the Web site of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida at www.flmd.uscourts.gov. The completed applications must be mailed to the commission’s chair and all its members by December 15. November 1, 2005 Regular News Middle district judgeship availablelast_img read more

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

first_imgThe test came following a series of tweets by anonymous accounts alleging that the stand-up comedian was a methamphetamine addict. The tweets quickly went viral, causing the hashtag #bintangemon to trend, with more than 270,000 tweets on Monday. Comedian Bintang Emon has refuted drug abuse accusations leveled against him as experts raised concerns over Indonesia’s democracy and freedom of expression following his viral video that poked fun at the controversial light sentence handed down against two policemen behind the acid attack on graft buster Novel Baswedan.Emon posted his drug test results on his Instagram account @bintangemon on Tuesday, revealing that the test taken at Pondok Indah Hospital in Puri Indah, West Jakarta came back negative. The attacks were allegedly conducted by “buzzers” following Emon’s video that had gone viral on social media. In the video posted on his Twitter account, Emon highlighted the prosecutors’ insistence that the defendants in Novel’s case — Chief Brig. Ronny Bugis and Brig. Rahmat Kadir — had “accidentally” thrown sulfuric acid at the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigator’s face in April 2017.He also questioned the one-year sentence demanded by the prosecutors for the defendants.Besides the damaging tweets, Emon also claimed that he and his management team had been receiving anonymous emails.Read also: Lawyers seek acquittal in Novel acid attack case”Somebody started to harass my business email account, my brother’s accounts and my manager’s account. But I am still relaxed, calm,” he tweeted on Sunday.Ismail Fahmi, analyst and founder of big data consulting company Drone Empirit, said based on his research, the false accusation was initiated by three Twitter accounts, @LintangHanita @Tiara616xxx, and @LiarAngsa on Sunday. All of the accounts have fewer than 10 followers.”All the accounts posted five similar tweets at exactly the same time around 10:45 p.m. to 10:49 p.m. [on Sunday],” Fahmi said via his Twitter account on Tuesday.Ketiga akun itu adalah: @LintangHanita (2 followers), @Tiara616xxx (9 followers), dan @LiarAngsa (0 followers).Ketika masing-masing diexplore, semua menampilkan 5 postingan yang sama persis dan jam yang sama, antara 22:45 sd 22:49 WIB.— Ismail Fahmi (@ismailfahmi) June 15, 2020Fahmi said the organized tweet attacks quickly went viral because many famous twitter accounts quickly responded to the tweets. As of Tuesday, Fahmi said all of the three accounts had been suspended so it would be hard to trace their history and affiliations.Southeast Asia Freedom of Expression Network’s (SAFEnet) head of digital at-risks subdivision, Ellen Kusuma, said the online attacks against Emon followed a similar pattern to recent attacks against activists holding online discussions on #Papuanlivesmatter.”These attacks are an effort to delegitimize the activists’ expressions by leading public opinion. This is not the first case and this won’t be the last,” Ellen told tempo.co on Sunday.Director of Jakarta-based Community Legal Aid Institute (LBH Masyarakat), Muhammad Afif, also expressed similar concern over online attacks against Emon, claiming these trends could lead the country’s democracy into an authoritarian phase.”At this point, the country needs to protect citizens when they are expressing their opinions. By staying silent, the government has shown that it has no strong commitment to protecting our freedom of expression,” Afif said.”I, hereby, urge the government to investigate who is behind these attacks,” he added. (nal)Topics :last_img read more

first_img Read More About Connatix V67539 Rio Ferdinand tells Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop struggling PLAY Saint-Maximin has had an impressive first season for the Magpies (Picture: Getty Images)Arsenal have been in contact with Newcastle winger Allan Saint-Maximin’s team over a potential summer move, according to reports.The 23-year-old has been a shining light for the Magpies this season, registering four goals seven assists across all competitions.And Le 10 Sport claim that his sparkling performances have attracted interest from the likes of Arsenal and Napoli.Both sides have reached out to the tricky winger’s entourage to gauge whether he would be keen on a move.ADVERTISEMENT Top articles by Metro Read More Read More Manchester United captain Harry Maguire Metro Sport ReporterSunday 5 Jul 2020 6:17 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link2kShares However, the report also states that neither club have made an official approach to Newcastle yet. / 1/1 Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE Skip Ad Video Settings Comment Skip Full Screen Arsenal make contact with Allan Saint-Maximin’s entourage over move for Newcastle winger Advertisement Read More Coming Next 1 min. story Read More SPONSORED Advertisement Wolves 0-2 Arsenal: Mikel Arteta press conferenceTo view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Play VideoLoaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration Time 9:54FullscreenWolves 0-2 Arsenal: Mikel Arteta press conferencehttps://metro.co.uk/video/wolves-0-2-arsenal-mikel-arteta-press-conference-2204672/This is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.Saint-Maximin signed a six-year deal when he made the £16.5 million switch from Ligue 1 side Nice to St James’ Park last summer, meaning he is still tied down for another five years.AdvertisementAdvertisementWhen addressing rumours of his potential exit earlier this week, Newcastle boss Steve Bruce was quick to dispel the possibility of him leaving the club.‘There’s no chance of Allan leaving, no chance at all,’ said Bruce.‘I wouldn’t put a price on Allan now.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal‘When you look at the level of money we bought him for, he’s arguably the best pound-for-pound signing in the Premier League. You show me another better.‘When you look at what he’s produced for us, we have probably got the buy of the season. He’s blessed with unique skills, which he’s got in abundance.’MORE: ‘I’m delighted for him’ – Ian Wright sings Bukayo Saka’s praises after Arsenal’s victory over WolvesMORE: Edu approves Arsenal’s deal for Thomas ParteyFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page.last_img read more

first_imgA European pension fund is seeking a manager for a CHF200m (€165m) opportunistic real estate mandate, using IPE-Quest.According to search QN 1443, the fund is looking to invest in opportunistic and value-added private properties across the US, Asia and Europe.The fund said that only multi-manager fund options would be considered, with the firm required to have local staff to evaluate the regional opportunities.Any interested manager should have at least $3bn (€3.7bn) in similar mandates, but the pension fund did not set an overall minimum threshold for assets under management. Additionally, managers should have at least five years of investment experience, with a decade-long track record preferred. Applicants have until 3 September to apply, stating net of fees performance to the end of March 2014.The IPE.com news team is unable to answer any further questions about IPE-Quest tender notices to protect the interests of clients conducting the search. To obtain information direct from IPE-Quest, please contact Jayna Vishram on +44 (0) 20 7261 4630 or email jayna.vishram@ipe-quest.com.last_img read more

first_img Havertz won a host of admirers last season, netting 17 goals and claiming three assists. Read Also:Mourinho: I’m Not Jealous Of Man City, Liverpool This season hasn’t gone quite as well, he has scored just twice in 14 and bagged one assist. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Liverpool are reportedly set to smash their transfer record with a £107million swoop for Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Kai Havertz. Promoted ContentThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?Best & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top8 Ways Drones Will Automate Our FutureSome Impressive And Almost Shocking Robots That ExistA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty PennyWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By Odeith Loading… The 20-year-old midfielder is earning rave reviews in the Bundesliga, and Manchester  United are also thought to be interested. But according to Mundo Deportivo, Jurgen Klopp’s Reds are in front of the queue – and are ready to splash big bucks to land him.Advertisementlast_img read more

first_imgNeals Funeral Home306 S Walnut St.Osgood, Indiana812-689-4262Margaret “Margie” Mary Nash (August 13, 1932 – December 28, 2015) Neal’s Funeral Home 306 S Walnut St. Osgood, IN 47037 812-689-4262Margaret “Margie” Mary Nash age 77 of Milan, Indiana was born August 13, 1932 in Frackville, PA. Her parents were the late Martin Francis & Julia Radzavich Nash. Margaret was a past employee of the Bell Telephone Company which was located in Reading, PA & later in her life she had managed the Brookside Manor Apartments in Wyomissing, PA . Approximately twenty five years ago, she had moved to the Ripley County area to be near family. Her two sisters survive, Mary Ellen Wenger of Dillsboro, IN & Agnes Morris of PA . Margaret passed away on Monday, December 28, 2015 at Ripley Crossing in Milan, IN . Services were private.last_img read more

first_img But Peter Crouch levelled three minutes before half-time, and five minutes after the break Stephen Ireland put the hosts ahead. Schurrle quickly equalised with another fine finish and it looked like both sides would have to settle for a point until Assaidi’s brilliant intervention earned victory. Stoke’s last win over Chelsea came in the League Cup in 1995 when Potters manager Mark Hughes was in the Blues side, while their most recent league victory was in 1975. The result ended Chelsea’s three-match winning run and saw them drop below Liverpool into third, while leaders Arsenal now have the chance to open up a seven-point gap on Sunday. Schurrle was one of two changes to the Chelsea side from Wednesday’s win over Sunderland and he was soon into the action, pulling the ball back for Ramires, who shot well over the bar from 10 yards out. The Brazilian should have done much better, but the visitors only had to wait until the 10th minute to take the lead. This time Schurrle did it all himself, picking the ball up in midfield, holding off Ryan Shawcross and Glenn Whelan before shooting across Asmir Begovic and into the bottom corner. It was Schurrle’s second Premier League goal, and Chelsea had plenty of chances to add to their lead. Juan Mata shot straight at Begovic in the 16th minute after a free-kick fell to him on the edge of the box, while the Spain international then failed to pick out Fernando Torres in the centre after Jonathan Walters had given the ball away. Ramires was the man most culpable, the midfielder having three further efforts during the first half but failing to really test Begovic. Stoke had been forced into a change in the 18th minute when Charlie Adam, their main creative force, limped off and was replaced by Ireland. The Potters were showing some decent play in midfield but their final ball was lacking and front man Crouch was isolated. They had their first chance in the 38th minute when Steven N’Zonzi found Marko Arnautovic on the left and his cross picked out Walters at the back post, but the Republic of Ireland man, who last season scored two own goals and missed a penalty in the same fixture, could only nod wide. The equaliser came from a break instigated by Geoff Cameron, who found Walters down the right. His cross was just out of the reach of a diving Ireland but Arnautovic won a corner and his delivery was turned in by Crouch. Chelsea had only themselves to blame, with Mikel leaving Crouch unmarked and Petr Cech opting to come off his line but getting nowhere near the ball. Stoke carried the momentum into the second half and stunned Chelsea by taking the lead in the 50th minute. Walters broke down the right and squared the ball for Ireland, who took one touch to control before curling a precision shot in off the far post. The Britannia roared its approval but Stoke were ahead for just three minutes, and it was Schurrle again. A Mata free-kick was half cleared by Crouch to the German on the edge of the box, who once again produced a clinical finish into the far corner. Schurrle almost completed his hat-trick in the 57th minute but although he beat Begovic again his curling shot bounced off the bar. Both teams were committing men forward, and 10 minutes later it was Stoke’s turn to go close. N’Zonzi crossed for Crouch, who set up Ireland in space eight yards out but this time he could only curl his shot high and wide. Schurrle’s hat-trick hopes were ended as Mourinho sent on Frank Lampard and Samuel Eto’o, and the latter swiftly had a sight of goal but poked his shot just wide. Marc Muniesa gave away a free-kick on the edge of the box for a foul on Demba Ba, but Begovic was safely behind Lampard’s shot, which found its way through a 10-man wall. Walters was booked for shoving John Terry in the chest and was swiftly replaced by Assaidi and his strike handed Mourinho his first ever Premier League defeat in December. Oussama Assaidi stunned Chelsea with a superb 90th-minute winner as Stoke won 3-2 to claim their first league victory over the Blues in 38 years. Press Association The on-loan Liverpool winger came on as a substitute six minutes from time and his first real contribution was to pick the ball up on the left, cut inside and unleash a ferocious shot into the top corner. Jose Mourinho’s first trip to the Britannia Stadium began well as Andre Schurrle gave Chelsea a 10th-minute lead. last_img read more