8I would like to publicly apologise for having the audacity to tweet this. https://t.co/BTrhaapKs4— LP ☬🛫 (@thfclp__) October 5, 2019 ERIC DIER was labelled one of the worst Premier League players ever as social media tore the “heartless” midfielder apart on his recall for Spurs’ 3-0 slump at Brighton.Many Tottenham fans were furious boss Mauricio Pochettino thought the answer to Tuesday’s 7-2 home loss against Bayern Munich was restoring Dier after four months frozen out.8 Returning Eric Dier was slated on social media as he looked off the pace against two-goal Aaron Connolly and Co as Brighton won 3-0Credit: AP:Associated Press8 Under-fire Eric Dier and Ben Davies applaud Spurs fans after the 3-0 defeat at Brighton, while Toby Alderweireld shows his dejectionCredit: ReutersEngland anchorman Dier gave away possession too easily amid Spurs’ latest troubling display.And after Neal Maupay punished a Hugo Lloris’ error with an early Brighton opener, full debutant Aaron Connolly bagged a double to seal Tottenham’s third Premier League defeat of the season.One supporter responded: “Is there a worse player than Eric Dier?”And a popular question from fans was summed up by these messages: “Pochettino really thought Dier is the answer?” and “Own up. Who wanted Dier back in the side?”ACCA WITH LADBROKES Pick up a whole load of acca features to help you land the big oneDier, 25, last started for Spurs’ in their tame 2-0 Champions League final defeat against Liverpool on June 1.And just a fortnight ago Pochettino admitted Dier was enduring a testing time.Poch told the Telegraph: “It has been difficult. Of course it is tough for him. He has to try to fight for his place.”And Dier was largely criticised today after looking more of a problem than the answer to Tottenham’s recent plight.most read in footballTHROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’NEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by Celtic8One fan posted: “Dier is one awful midfielder. Brings absolutely nothing to the team.”Other supporters, though, called for patience and understanding for a player lacking match fitness.Such tweets included: “Dier has very little minutes so far this season. Please don’t jump all over him if he’s a but rusty.” Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris in agony as he suffers horror elbow injury at BrightonEric Dier starting for spurs#BHATOT pic.twitter.com/kPKdemzLUL— Shaun 🅙 (@da_judge) October 5, 2019 8888
The demolition of the old Cebu City Medical Center (CCMC) building at N. Bacalso Avenue will start next month to clear the area for a new and bigger public hospital.The new CCMC will share space with the regional Bureau of Fire office and the Cebu City Integrated Traffic Operations Management (Citom) in an “integrated emergency service area.”ADVERTISEMENT ACLU: 911 Toddlers and Babies Separated from Parents LATEST STORIES Show me the money: Price-tagging Enrique Gil’s photos View comments MOST READ Kids Festival Shooter in California Took Gun Illegally “In times of calamity, the safest place should be a hospital,” delos Santos said. /Doris C. Bongcac, Chief of ReportersRead Next NAFTA: Democrats Leveraging the Trump Administration “We need an area where we can house all the emergency responders. The BFP won’t be evicted there,” she said.Mayor Michael Rama said the integration plans will also address the city’s land ownership dispute with BFP-7.“This (integration) will solve the problem. When you secure a building permit, you will need proof of ownership,” he said.Safest placeDelos Santos told reporters after the meeting that the Cebu City government will implement its integrated emergency service area project by phases.They will start with the demolition of the existing hospital building and the construction of a six story building on the 500 square meter hospital lot, which will accommodate at least 300-beds.Hospital construction will later be expanded to meet Rama’s plan for the city to operate a 1, 000 bed-capacity hospital.There is also a plan to transfer or even close a portion of Panganiban Street which separates CCMC from the BFP-7 building to make the area compact and turn it into a complex.Rama earlier wanted the new city hospital built in a portion of the South Road Properties located at the back of the San Pedro Calungsod chapel.But plans changed with the discovery of an existing policy of the Department of Health (DOH) which prohibits the construction of government hospitals near bodies of water, delos Santos said. ApprovalMORE STORIESnewsinfoWHAT WENT BEFORE: Dengvaxia is world’s first dengue vaccinenewsinfoBaybayin revival makes native PH history hipnewsinfoMartial law in Negros? Military taking cue from local execsMORE STORIESnewsinfoWHAT WENT BEFORE: Dengvaxia is world’s first dengue vaccinenewsinfoBaybayin revival makes native PH history hipnewsinfoMartial law in Negros? Military taking cue from local execsDr. Shawn Espina, lead convenor and chief executive officer of the CCMC Cares Movement, said the city hospital reconstruction project will be done through a Private Public Partnership (PPP).He said the new CCMC may eventually be run as a semi-private hospital but this scheme would need approval from the mayor and the City Council.“The most important thing is that we have to realize that when a hospital is controlled by government alone, it really won’t work especially as an emergency/trauma hospital,” Dr. Espina said.The surgeon said the CCMC will still service the city’s indigent patients even if it is run as a semi-private hospital provided that the hospital will have facilities like a medical arts building, an income generating project.ADVERTISEMENT “The public should know that health is not always for free. You have to understand that something should be done to ensure that they are healthy,” he said.AllocationCebu City has so far raised P8.7 million under its “Piso Mo, Hospital Ko” campaign to fund the construction of a new city hospital which was closed due to earthquake damage.The city-owned lot along N. Bacalso Avenue remains the most accessible and suitable place for CCMC operations, Dr. Espina said.Delos Santos said Espina will present the new hospital building design during the City Council session tomorrow.She said the city has more than enough money including the P172.4 million allocation for CCMC rehabilitation included in the city engineering budget for 2014 to start constructing phase 1.The appropriation may be realigned from rehabilitation to fund the hospital construction project, she said.Building designDr. Espina said Care CCMC will also continue to raise funds from their private donors to help in the hospital construction project.Councilor delos Santos said the proposed city integrated emergency service area is about two-hectares big. Private doctors collaborating on the project also want it to be run as a semi-private hospital.These details were disclosed after a meeting by the CCMC ad hoc committee at the mayor’s conference room yesterday.FEATURED STORIESNEWSINFOSenate to probe Tolentino’s ‘novel legal theories’ on oral agreementsNEWSINFOLocsin wants to drop ‘visas upon arrival’ privilegeNEWSINFOPasig to sue 6 enforcers for extortionThe committee chaired by Councilor Mary Ann delos Santos were also given a briefing of the city hospital’s new building design made by Espina-Perez-Espina and Associates led by architect Maxwell Espina.The CCMC Cares Movement, a private initiative by Cebu doctors, also raised at least P500,000 from donations of medical practitioners working abroad. PBA: Rain or Shine overcomes San Miguel, McCullough’s 51 to avert sweep Senate to probe Tolentino’s ‘novel legal theories’ on oral agreements Locsin wants to drop ‘visas upon arrival’ privilege Capital One Data Breach PCSO to focus on improving transparency of gaming activities PLAY LIST 03:26PCSO to focus on improving transparency of gaming activities01:39Sotto open to discuss, listen to pros and cons of divorce bill06:02Senate to probe Tolentino’s ‘novel legal theories’ on oral agreements01:50Palace open to make Dengvaxia usable again as dengue cases spike01:49House seeks probe on ‘massive corruption’ in PCSO01:37PCSO estimates P250M in Lotto revenue loss due to suspension Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.