南京论坛

first_imgIt has been confirmed that the much-awaited Ramelton Christmas lights will not go ahead this year.The decision has come as a major financial blow to the business community where the Christmas Lights Show over a five-week period increased footfall substantially and added greatly to the profile of the town.The Tirconail Tribune ollowing a meeting of the lights committee earlier this week, they reluctantly decided not to go ahead with the lights due to circumstances that developed during the Lennon Festival and which remain unresolved. According to Anthony McCahill who has played a pivotal role in many voluntary projects in the town over the years he said this was a committee decision that was forced on them as a result of unsubstantiated allegations.He has challenged anyone who made allegations that portrayed the Lennon Committee or himself in a negative light, either on social media or otherwise to substantiate those claims.Mr. McCahill said that all video footage of alleged ‘incidents’ about damage to property during the festival is there for all to view and he has challenged those involved in promoting this agenda to stand up and be counted… to apologise and clear the good name of the Festival committee and their characters.News of the decision not to have the Christmas Lights display in Ramelton has come as a huge disappointment where thousands of people flocked to view the county’s most exciting and original lights display that stretched for over a kilometre. Mr. McCahill has stressed that the lights are the property of the community.“The lights belong to everyone that contributed to their purchase and rumours that they have been sold are completely untrue. If any group wishes to put up the lights then they are welcome to them and I wish them well,” he added.The Ramelton Lights project began in 2011 and orginally local personalities were given the honour of switching them on.But in more recent times the big band names, Jimmy Buckley, Robert Mizzell and Cliona Hagan thrilled the hordes that to came to Gamble’s Square for the opening nights.Community and business sources in the town have expressed serious dismay at this latest development with fears that other voluntary projects including the Lennon Festival may also be at risk. Anthony McCahill has paid a sincere thanks to everyone that has contributed to the expenditure on the lights. The workers and all other voluntary projects in which he’s been associated with over many years.He said he sincerely regrets that this decision has been forced on the Christmas Lights Committee.Disappointment as plug is pulled on Ramelton’s Christmas lights was last modified: November 17th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:cancelledCHristmasLIGHTSRameltonlast_img read more

first_imgAlly Del Grande put on a show Friday afternoon, pitching a pair of complete games as St. Bernard’s swept its Little 4 Conference opening doubleheader against visiting South Fork at Washington Elementary School by scores of 4-3 and 8-2.The senior struck out a total of eight batters on the day and at one point in game two, accounted for nine consecutive outs thanks to a couple strikeouts and more than a few nice fielding plays.“Ally is a great competitor,” St. Bernard’s head coach Alan Borges …last_img read more

first_imgClick here if you’re unable to view the photo gallery on your mobile device.​ANAHEIM — Even before he went out and delivered the most productive game of his major-league career, Matt Chapman was well into the most memorable day of his life.On the same day Chapman learned he had been selected to his first All-Star team, the third-year third baseman drove in a career-high six runs with a double, triple and home run to lead the A’s to a 12-3 win against the Los Angeles Angels on Sunday.“Probably …last_img read more

first_imgChandra Wickramasinghe and colleagues at Cardiff University have raised the bar on tale-telling ability.  They believe that comets splatting on earth can carry away germs of life that gradually spread farther and farther out, eventually escaping the sun’s pull.  Over time, they might spread life to other worlds.  They estimate that since the origin of the Milky Way galaxy, over 10 billion worlds could have been seeded with life by this process.  Story in EurekAlert.Wickramasinghe, former colleague of the late Fred Hoyle (see 08/22/01), is a useful idiot-genius who has helped demolish arguments for a chance origin of life, but replaced it by a tall tale even more incredible.  Since storytelling has become part and parcel of science, anything goes if you have a PhD, the whoppier the better, and the science news outlets will publish it with nary a guffaw.  (Unless you are a creationist.)(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)FacebookTwitterPinterestSave分享0last_img read more

first_imgThe homework help option isn’t as fully integrated into the system as the scheduling tool, but it will offer access to 24-7 help, crowdsourced Q&A, as well as a database of “answers from the back of the book” – again, based on the textbooks that students have rented.While Chegg has expanded its offerings with the acquisition and integration of Cramster and CourseRank, it still seems largely focused on its core mission, which is textbook rentals. Nonetheless, students will probably appreciate the new tools, as students already turn to their peers for some of this data that Chegg can now provide – namely, is this a difficult class, and how much will textbooks set me back? Furthermore, by offering homework help, Chegg will be driving students to the site not just at the start of each semester, but throughout the school year – a step in making the company a more important part of a student’s world. That may become increasingly important, not just as other textbook rental companies like BookRenter challenge Chegg’s dominance, but as textbooks move from print to digital.Chegg says it plans to continue to build out these offerings and hopes to have the CourseRank feature in place at 1000 universities by the time school starts in the fall. Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Tags:#E-Books#web audrey watters A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… Related Posts Chegg, the largest online textbook rental company, is unveiling two new services today to help expand its reach into the university student market. Describing it as an effort to personalize its offerings, Chegg will now offer homework help as well as course scheduling information to its customers.These new features aren’t a surprise. They follow Chegg’s acquisitions last year of CourseRank and Cramster. The former offers course scheduling and review information, and the latter offers homework help. The services these companies offered have now been integrated into Chegg so that its textbook rental customers can easily take advantage of them.Using the course scheduling tool, students at 600 participating universities will be able to pick their classes armed with a lot more data: not just the class schedule (the key, of course, is to always avoid classes on Fridays), but the average grade for the class (so students can access its level of difficulty) as well as students’ reviews. Of course, once students have picked their courses, Chegg will automatically show which textbooks are required and, with one click, add them to the rental shopping cart. Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Marketlast_img read more

first_imgCheck out this creative short video that makes a big impact with it’s small design!What do you get when you combine pocket projectors, green screen footage and a unique creative vision?  Speed of Light, a short video by London based directors The Theory and video studio Nexus Productions.  The team recorded action against a green screen using actors, toy cars and a model helicopter.  They projection mapped the video on the walls and desktops of their office with small pocket projectors, for a totally unique effect.Astonishingly, the video was completed using all real images and no CGI. Tight editing and effective sound design tied the whole piece together.last_img read more

first_imgPune: Providing yet another lifeline to fraud-accused builder Deepak S. Kulkarni, the Supreme Court on Friday granted the developer an extension of four weeks to repay investors. However, while disposing off the special leave petition (SLP), the Bench comprising Justices Adarsh Kumar Goel and Uday Umesh Lalit made it clear that no further extension would be granted after January 19, 2018. “We respect the Supreme Court’s directive. All money will be returned to investors within the stipulated time frame [January 19, 2018] as directed by the court. No one will be cheated of their rightful money. The apex court, through its order, has expressed confidence in us. We hope that our business will soon be back on track,” said Mr. Kulkarni, through a statement.The developer and his wife, Hemanti, accused of duping thousands of investors across Pune, Mumbai and Kolhapur, had filed an online SLP in Supreme Court on December 20 seeking further extension of interim relief in a bid to stave off arrest.On December 19, the Bombay High Court, after providing an extended breather to him for a fortnight, had cancelled Mr. Kulkarni’s adinterim relief, following which the Pune police claimed the builder was ‘absconding’.The HC rejected any extension of Mr. Kulkarni’s relief after the DSK Group failed deposit ₹50 crore in the court registry within the stipulated fortnight.A total five of FIRs across Pune, Mumbai and Kolhapur have been lodged against the developer and his family since October 28, with more than 3,000 investors filing cheating complaints against Mr. Kulkarni.More than 8,000 persons, a majority of them senior citizens, are said to have invested in the DSK group’s fixed deposit (FD) scheme. The developer is said to owe an excess of ₹600 crore to investors. On November 8, a special court in Pune had quashed the interim bail application of Mr. Kulkarni and his wife.The Kulkarnis, facing prospect of arrest, had then moved the Bombay High Court against the Pune court’s order and were granted interim relief, which was extended periodically for nearly a month on promise of repayment to investors.last_img read more

first_imgWintry storm delivers US travel woes before Thanksgiving Miguel Romero Polo: Bamboo technology like no other Somehow, someway Folayang, with the help of his wife Genevieve found a way to manage his time.“It was a huge sacrifice for both of us. I’m thankful for my wife, who was so understanding, and for friends, who were more than willing to help,” he said. “Our situations complemented [each other] in the sense that she was going through a lot, which gave me more motivation to do well in preparing for the match.“It gives me the motivation to provide for their needs because I had the realization that I need to fulfill my responsibility as a father and provider for them when my second child came.”With his wife behind him and his two daughters fuelling him even more, Folayang hopes to retain the lightweight strap in a title rematch with Japanese legend Shinya Aoki in the main event of ONE: A New Era on March 31 at Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Japan.“I [would like for them to see] that I have shared my gifts through martial arts to the world,” he said.ADVERTISEMENT View comments Colombia protesters vow new strike after talks hit snag Alvarez ready to take risk vs Folayang, looks to end clash by ‘knockout or submission’ PLAY LIST 02:18Alvarez ready to take risk vs Folayang, looks to end clash by ‘knockout or submission’00:50Trending Articles02:03MMA legends gather in Tokyo for historic ONE: New Era fight week02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss “I hope they see that through my accomplishments, I have inspired even just a handful of people to be better in their own endeavors.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next That’s why as hard as Folayang trains and as tough as he is inside the cage, keeping himself healthy is his utmost priority.“[Having two daughters] helps me think smarter and work harder in my endeavors, and I get the urgency to become better in balancing my time and priorities,” stressed the two-time ONE lightweight world champion.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics“You can’t take away the desire of self-preservation from a person, especially when thinking about our children’s future.”His youngest was born last December when he was working tirelessly to recapture the lightweight belt he yielded to Martin Nguyen. A world title is nice and all but Eduard Folayang’s most prized possession is his family especially now that he already has two daughters—two-year-old Yeshuareigns and Yahamaziach.ADVERTISEMENT SEA Games hosting troubles anger Dutertecenter_img Ramil De Jesus admits struggling to juggle La Salle, F2 coaching duties Trump tells impeachment jokes at annual turkey pardon event Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Google Philippines names new country director Bloomberg: US would benefit from more, not fewer, immigrants LATEST STORIES MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. last_img read more

first_imgTaylor Swift visited sick kids at Brisbane’s Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital yesterday.Taylor Swift Visits Patients At Lady Cilento Children’s HospitalCredit/Copyright: FacebookTaylor, who has been spending time on the Gold Coast as boyfriend Tom Hiddleston works on his film Thor: Ragnarok, visited patients and staff at the hospital, which provides family-centred health care for every child and young person in Queensland.Find out more about the Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital here.last_img read more

Two surveys indicate a PL majority preference amongst voters

first_img <a href=’http://revive.newsbook.com.mt/www/delivery/ck.php?n=ab2c8853&amp;cb={random}’ target=’_blank’><img src=’https://revive.newsbook.com.mt/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=97&amp;cb={random}&amp;n=ab2c8853&amp;ct0={clickurl_enc}’ border=’0′ alt=” /></a> Two public opinion polls published by the local Sunday papers gave rather similar results just a week the European Parliament (EP) and the Local Councils elections.Though presented in different styles, both The Sunday Times and It-Torċa show that Partit Laburista (PL) will be dominating the elections.According to The Sunday Times, the PL still has a healthy advantage over Partit Nazzjonalista (PN), however such an advantage seems to have decreased in the past months. According to a research undertaken by MISCO, 55% of the voters will be casting their vote in favour of the PL, whilst 40% will be giving their preference to the PN. In March 2019, as similar research gave the PL 59% and the PN 37% of the votes.Such figures will allow the PL to gain 4 seats at the European Parliament which are projected to go to Miriam Dalli, Alfred Sant, Alex Agius Saliba and Josianne Cutajar. There are also indications that the Roberta Metsola who is a PN candidate will keeps her seat at the European Parliament whilst David Casa and Frank Psaila will have to battle it out for the remaining seat.In the survey made by It-Torċa, PL will come out victor with a 19.6% advantage, which projects an increment of 5% over the total votes from the previous election.In the 2014 EP elections, the PL won 53% of the votes whilst the PN managed to attract 40% of the total valid votes cast.The PL is expected to keep an advantage of 8.2% from the previous election. It-Torċa is predicting that 56.9% of the electorate will vote Pl whilst 37.3% will vote PN.WhatsApp SharePrintlast_img read more