TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say BVB chief Zorc: We know Man Utd target Sancho not here in five yearsby Paul Vegas25 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveBorussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc accepts they’re on borrowed time regarding Jadon Sancho.The England international is being linked with Manchester United and former club Manchester City.Zorc told Kicker: “Of course, the absolute big clubs are not blind.”You do not have to be a prophet to say that Jadon will certainly not be here for another five years. “But he knows very well that he has taken this positive development at Borussia Dortmund. I doubt that would have been possible with top English clubs. We trust the players very early, are not afraid to let them play. He acknowledges that.”
zoom Denmark-based shipping company Hafnia Tankers ended 2017 in loss mainly due to a weakened product tanker market witnessed during the year.The company’s loss reached USD 11.6 million for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017, compared to a profit of USD 12 million reported in 2016. Operating profit for the period dropped to USD 14.4 million from USD 34.4 million seen in 2016.Gross earnings per day during 2017 were USD 13,825 per LR1 vessel, USD 13,875 per MR vessel and USD 11,700 per SR vessel.The product tanker market weakened during 2017, mainly influenced by a high supply of newbuilds. The fundamental demand for oil products continued to grow, however, most of the supply of oil products came from inventories, reducing the demand for transportation thereby causing a weak freight market.At the end of the year, global inventories of refined oil products fell and were close to the five-year average inventory levels. Hafnia Tankers informed that this should lead to a better balance between supply of vessels and demand for transportation of refined oil products.
OSU sophomore attacker Colin Chell (22) prepares to shoot during a scrimmage against The Hill Academy on Jan. 30. Credit: Kylie Bryant | | For The LanternThe Ohio State men’s lacrosse team almost has an embarrassment of riches on the offensive side of the ball. Seemingly each week, anyone can step up in a pivotal role and provide a spark on the attack. Such was the case again Friday in Ohio Stadium.Sophomore attacker Colin Chell scored the Buckeyes’ first three goals and added an assist, while junior attacker Austin Shanks scored two goals and assisted on two more to lead the Scarlet and Gray to a 12-7 win over the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.OSU coach Nick Myers had high words of praise for his sophomore attacker.“(Chell) is a special player,” Myers said. “He had a great week of practice … and did a great job at the attack position tonight.”Although the Buckeyes, who were coming off their first loss of the season to Massachusetts last week, were in control for most of the game, it took them some time to get there.The first quarter was relatively even between the two teams. UMBC opened up the scoring at the 13:40 mark when freshman midfielder Billy Nolan threw a strike to give the Retrievers a 1-0 lead. A pair of goals by Chell and one more by UMBC leveled the game at 2-2 to end the quarter.Chell kept it rolling to open the second quarter with his third goal of the game, giving him six on the year. After the win, he tipped his hat to defense for allowing him to make an offensive impact early in the game.“You got to credit (redshirt junior goalie) Tom Carey in cage and the defense for making some quality stops down there and being able to get us the ball on offense,” Chell said.OSU’s defense clamped down on the UMBC offense for the next two quarters after allowing the pair of goals in the first quarter. The Retrievers were only able to attempt four shots in the second and third quarters combined. For the game, they had just 16, whereas OSU attempted 41. Myers said the key to this was being able to work together.“I think the biggest thing we stressed defensively in practice this week was just playing with seven (and) getting more guys on the same page,” Myers said. “Anytime you hold a team scoreless for 25-to-30 minutes in a row is a positive.” This staunch defensive effort allowed the Scarlet and Gray to hold a 9-3 lead as the fourth quarter began. It was a lead that proved to be insurmountable, as the game finished by a score of 12-7.Junior midfielder John Kelly said this game was a step in the right direction, especially with the Buckeyes coming off a loss in their previous game.“We feel great, a complete turnaround from last week,” Kelly said. “Overall, we had a fantastic performance and feel really good about the way that we played.”Junior faceoff specialist Jake Withers continued his stellar play at the position. Withers won nine of 11 faceoffs in the first half and 14 of 22 total, continuing his streak of advantage in faceoffs through the first four games of the year.“(Withers is) an amazing faceoff guy,” Kelly said. “He fights for ground balls, and I love the way he plays. He’s very important to our time of possession and allowing us to keep the ball on the offensive end of the field.”The win means the Buckeyes are off to a 1-0 start in games played at the ‘Shoe. Chell said it gives the Buckeyes an extra edge to play home games in the historic stadium.“Everybody was amped up to play in the ‘Shoe tonight,” Chell said. “It’s a great atmosphere — a night game — and we brought the juice.”While noting it is still early in the season, Myers said he likes how the team is looking.“It’s still February. We’ve got a long way to go,” Myers said. “But being at home in the ‘Shoe, it’s important that we came out and played with the urgency that we needed to, and I thought that the men did that tonight.”The Buckeyes will stay at home next weekend, as they are set to host the Midwest Lacrosse Classic. They are scheduled to play Marquette on Friday at 6 p.m. and Bellarmine on March 6 at 3 p.m.
Usain Bolt was a part of the Borussia Dortmund squad in the last training session and he seems to be serious about becoming a professional footballer as the next step of his life.The Borussia Dortmund head coach, Peter Stoger, seems to have a different opinion as he believes that Bolt is not good enough to play at the top level – he claimed that the former sprinter is talented but simply has to be better.The former Köln coach spoke about Bolt’s trials as he said, according to Give Me Sport:“It’s all about procedure and movement, but the most important thing is that he had fun.”Report: Dortmund hammer four past Leverkusen George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund put four past Bayer Leverkusen.Borussia Dortmund leapfrogged Bayern Munich to claim second place in the Bundesliga. After handing out a 4-0 thrashing of…“I think he is talented, but when he wants to play at a higher level, he clearly has a lot of work to do.”“The physique he needs for his other sport is completely different from what he needs for football, but it was really fun for us.”“It was a pleasure for us to meet a guy like him and to work with him.”
The Argentinean superstar knows clubs from other countries are breaking into the football elite thanks to foreign investmentA not-so-long time ago, there were just one or two powerful teams in any of the Top 5 European leagues.And Barcelona and Real Madrid were two of them.But now, teams from countries like England, Italy, and France are starting to catch up to the Spanish La Liga giants.At least this is what Barca’s Lionel Messi believes has happened in the last years.“There are clubs now with a lot of money and players move for that reason,” he told ESPN.Zidane reveals Sergio Ramos injury concern for Real Madrid Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Zinedine Zidane has put Sergio Ramos’ availability for Real Madrid’s trip to Sevilla next weekend in doubt after withdrawing him against Levante.“Whenever the most money is, that’s where they end up going. Things have changed and now the owners of clubs are multi-millionaires.”“Before everyone wanted to play for Barca or Madrid, who were the best, but now everything’s tighter and there’s not much of a difference between the teams in Manchester, PSG, Madrid, us, Bayern [Munich], the Italians…”And because of this, he was asked about if he would ever leave Barcelona.“I am just thinking about the years that I can keep playing,” he said when asked about what plans he has for retirement,” he explained.“When the moment comes, I will decide. I want to finish the contract I have and then we will see if I continue or not. It doesn’t worry me right now. [But] the club can be calm [when I am gone] if they keep bringing players through the academy and making good signings.”
The Real Madrid manager has responded, once again, about the Isco situation, while talking about two other players.Real Madrid and Espanyol will face off on Sunday night in a Spanish La Liga new fixture.And just ahead of the important match, the Los Blancos manager Santiago Solari has spoken to the press about what’s coming for the team.“The only battle that exists is that of the next match,” Solari told Marca after being asked about Isco.“Benzema is in great form. He’s having a great year. I always say that he is very generous.”“He is playing the vast majority of matches and he is one of the players with the highest minutes [accumulated],” he added.Zidane reveals Sergio Ramos injury concern for Real Madrid Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Zinedine Zidane has put Sergio Ramos’ availability for Real Madrid’s trip to Sevilla next weekend in doubt after withdrawing him against Levante.“He’s generous because he’s playing with pain. He’s one of the best strikers in the world.”“Vinicius is football and we are in a game that has his characteristics,” he said about the 18-year-old.“His adaptation has been very fast. He is 18 years old and his adaptation has been very good.”“We’ll see who is playing tomorrow and in the next few weeks,” Solari continued.“The players who are recovering, we want them to be ready as soon as possible. Gareth is important for us because he is a fantastic footballer.”
Otay Mesa market robbed; suspects at large SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – A man and an armed woman robbed a market this afternoon, police said.The two entered the Rainbow Market in the 2300 block of Roll Drive at 1:22 p.m. and selected some merchandise, walking up to the checkout stand.The woman took out a handgun and demanded cash, Officer Dino Delimitros of the San Diego Police Department said. The amount of money taken in the robbery was not disclosed.The two were seen driving away in a dark-colored Toyota Corolla. The woman was described as 5-feet-6 inches tall with a thin build and wearing a gray tank top and blue leggings. The man was described as having a tattoo of a rose on his left arm and wearing a gray shirt and gray shorts.Anyone with information on the robbery can call Crime Stoppers at 888-580-8477. Posted: July 28, 2019 KUSI Newsroom, July 28, 2019 KUSI Newsroom Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
Prothom Alo File PhotoPrime minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday opened the final portions of the much-awaited Moghbazar-Mouchak Flyover, reports UNB.She inaugurated the Kakrail-Malibagh, Rajarbagh-Mouchak, Rampura-Mouchak and Mouchak-Eskaton portions through a videoconference at noon.With the inauguration of the rest 5.5-km overpass of the entire 8.7-km one, vehicles can now go over eight road intersections and three level-crossings at Karwan Bazar, Moghbazar and Malibagh, substantially improving the city trips.A total of Tk 1,218 crore has been spent on the construction of the country’s longest flyover.Aiming to ease traffic in one of the city’s busiest areas, the construction work on the integrated Moghbazar-Mouchak Flyover Project began in January 2013 with a deadline to complete it by June 2015.On 19 January 2016, the project timeframe has been extended by another 18 months till June 2017 as its length has been extended through redesigning of its structure to make it more usable for easing traffic jam in the capital. But, the construction farm also missed the deadline, annoying the commuters further.On 30 March last year, Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the first part, stretching over two kilometres from Holy Family Hospital to Saatrasta intersection.Local government minister Khandker Mosharraf Hossain inaugurated the one-km portion, Eskaton to Moghbazar Wireless Gate, on 15 September 2016 and the 450-meter long part, Hatirjheel to Sonargaon intersection, on 17 May this year.
Share AMBER ALERT/Katy ISD PoliceWendy Arely Hernandez-OrantesAn Amber Alert issued for a missing 13-year-old girl was canceled Tuesday evening after she was found safe, police said. Katy ISD police were searching for the girl after she was last seen Monday morning walking toward her bus stop near the 2013 block of North Fry Road, according to the Amber Alert issued Tuesday.You can read more about this story on KHOU.com.
Delhi High Court on Thursday reserved verdict on a plea moved by an RTI applicant challenging the single-judge order exempting medical reimbursements of Supreme Court judges from disclosure under the Right to Information Act.“Heard both the party. Order reserved,” said a bench of Chief Justice G Rohini and Justice Deepa Sharma, as it expressed the view that disclosure of medical reimbursement data would not serve any public interest. The petition has sought setting aside of the High Court’s December 19 last year’s order of a single judge who had held that disclosure of the medical reimbursements would not serve public interest and was thus exempt from the Act’s purview. Also Read – Company director arrested for swindling Rs 345 croreThe judge had held that the information sought was of a personal nature and the Central Information Commission’s (CIC) order was “erroneous”.The petitioner, Subhash Chandra Agarwal, contended that “salaries, pensions and allowances payable to or in respect of judges of Supreme Court are to be charged under Consolidated Fund of India”, as per the Constitution.“Therefore, source of reimbursement money of the medical bills of Supreme Court judges comes from the hard-earned money of citizens as taxpayers,” advocate Prashant Bhushan appearing for Agarwal, said. Also Read – Man who cheated 20 women on matrimonial websites arrestedSenior advocate Siddharth Luthra, appearing for Supreme Court registry, opposed Bhushan’s contention, saying the information sought is not in the public interest.Bhushan had contended that “information pertaining to expenditure of public money on public servants cannot be exempted from disclosure under RTI”.He said he had not sought information regarding the illness or medical treatment of the judges, but only the amount spent on the same.He also sought an order directing the Apex Court registry to comply with the CIC’s February 2012 order directing them to provide the information.