tlflrkpn

first_imgCUNA has confirmed receipt of one additional nomination for its Board elections. Nominations are now being accepted for eight open director positions on CUNA’s Board of Directors. The deadline for nominations and seconds is Nov. 6. In contested elections, voting will begin Nov. 12 and close Dec. 16.  Nomination information can be found on CUNA’s website.John Dwyer, president/CEO, New England FCU, Vermont (District 1, Class B), is the latest confirmed nomination.He joins the previously confirmed nominations of:Eileen Danahey, CEO, St. Anne’s CU, Mass. (District 1, Class B)Rhonda D. Hotard, president/CEO of Louisiana FCU, La. (District 3, Class A) This is placeholder text continue reading » This post is currently collecting data…center_img ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblrlast_img read more

first_imgA Chinese court has sentenced a man to death for fatally stabbing two officials at a checkpoint set up to control the spread of the new coronavirus outbreak.The virus has infected more than 80,000 people and killed nearly 3,000 in mainland China — prompting a wide network of temperature checks, travel restrictions, residential checks and closures nationwide.Many villages and communities have also implemented their own blockades and tough measures to keep people out, fearful that travellers could infect their communities. On Sunday a court handed down a death sentence to a 23-year-old man after he stabbed two officials at one local village checkpoint.The incident happened on February 6 when Ma Jianguo was driving a minivan through a checkpoint at Luo Meng village in Honghe, southwestern Yunnan province, where he was stopped.After Ma refused to cooperate with officials, his passenger began trying to remove the roadblock, the court said, and the local official started filming Ma and the other man on his mobile phone.A furious Ma stabbed the official — a local poverty alleviation cadre — in the chest and abdomen with a knife he carried with him and then attacked another official who came to the victim’s aid.The two men died from their wounds.The court statement said that although Ma had “voluntarily surrendered and truthfully confessed”, the killings were “extremely vicious”.Topics :last_img read more

first_imgGranit Xhaka could be in for a shock move this summer (Picture: Getty Images)Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka has emerged as a target for Atletico Madrid to replace Manchester City-bound Rodri.City have agreed to pay the 22-year-old’s £63m release clause leaving a significant gap in the Atleti midfield.Xhaka has been identified as a possible replacement for Rodri and Atletico boss Diego Simeone is ready to test Arsenal’s resolve over the player, according to the Mirror.The Gunners do not want to let the Switzerland international go this summer, with Unai Emery seeing him as a key part of the new side he is building at the Emirates.ADVERTISEMENTHowever, the lure of Champions League football and the opportunity to play under Simeone may see Xhaka try and push for a move if an offer comes in. Phil HaighWednesday 19 Jun 2019 4:01 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link Advertisement Arsenal want to hold on to Xhaka (Picture: AMA/Getty Images)Xhaka cost the Gunners £35m when he signed from Gladbach three years ago and they would want much more than that to let the 26-year-old go.AdvertisementAdvertisementIt seems unlikely that Atletico would be willing to offer significantly more than that fee as they are also keen on Real Madrid’s Marcos Llorente but have reportedly been put off by his valuation of £44.7m.They will have money to spend, though, with the huge transfer fee for Rodri adding to the coffers that have already been filled by the exit of Lucas Hernandez and that will be massively boosted by the forthcoming departure of Antoine Griezmann.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityWhile Arsenal are willing to let some of the big names in the squad go to raise transfer funds, Xhaka is not one of the players Emery wants to see leave.The Gunners are trying to move on the likes of Mesut Ozil, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Laurent Koscielny as they look to boost their transfer kitty, which currently stands at around £45m.While not always convincing fans and onlookers, Xhaka has been a regular presence in the Arsenal midfield over the last three years, making 134 appearances in all competitions.MORE: Arsenal fear Lucas Torreira has sparked transfer bidding war after making England admissionMORE: Arsenal target Mario Hermoso looks certain to leave Espanyol after rejecting new contract Comment Arsenal’s Granit Xhaka lined up as Rodri replacement by Atletico Madrid Advertisementlast_img read more

first_imgBatesville, Ind. — The Coalition for a Drug Free Batesville, The Mayor’s Youth Council and the Southeastern Indiana YMCA will hold a game night this Friday from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Kim Linkel says they’ll have oversized versions of Tic-Tac-Toe, Yahtzee, Jenga and an obstacle course. RSVP by calling 812-934-6006. InRSVP by calling 812-934-6006. In case of bad weather, the event will be moved into the gymnasium.last_img

first_img Loading… Promoted ContentThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?This Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show You6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks10 Awesome TV Series That Got Cancelled Way Too SoonBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better9 Great Actors Who Will Always Be Defined By One RoleThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More Quique Setien’s position as Barcelona manager is hanging by a thread after tonight’s 8-2 humiliation against Bayern Munich in the Champions League. The Catalans were taken apart by Bayern in tonight’s quarter-final, with on-loan star Philippe Coutinho even chipping in with two goals against his parent club. Under-fire Barca boss Quique Setien They became the first team to concede eight goals in a Champions League knockout match, which could spell the end for Setien at the Nou Camp having also missed out on the Spanish title this season. Ronald Koeman But according to ESPN , Barca chiefs had already started the search for his successor prior to this evening’s European mauling in Portugal. It is believed the 61-year-old has failed to win over the dressing room due to his limited achievements as a player and coach, leaving his position untenable. Former Everton and Southampton manager Ronald Koeman is understood to be on Barca’s shortlist, as club officials remember the good work he did with an ageing Valencia squad in 2007. Read Also: PSG unsure over Navas’ fitness for UCL semi-final Pochettino’s ties with arch-rivals Espanyol does complicate matters, nonetheless, as he has previously stated he has no intention of ever managing the club. Former midfielder Xavi is the third leading candidate to replace Setien, as a result of his legendary status in Catalonia. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino However, they do hold some concerns over the Dutchman’s pragmatic playing style. Foeman recently bought a house in Vallvidrera, which is next to Barcelona, yet his desire is to remain in charge of the Netherlands for Euro 2021. Another target for Barca is Mauricio Pochettino, who departed Tottenham back in November of last year.last_img read more

first_imgFailed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more infoFailed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more infoFailed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more infoFailed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more infoFailed to fetch Error: URL to the PDF file must be on exactly the same domain as the current web page. Click here for more infolast_img read more

first_imgDaniel Levy has vowed to retain Tottenham’s best players and invest in new signings this summer. Press Association Although he did not go in as strong this time, the Spurs chairman does not seem in a mood to part with the squad’s best assets before the start of next season. “Looking ahead to the summer, we shall continue to seek to strengthen and improve the team and to retain key players,” Levy wrote. “We also look forward to the return of Sandro and Younes (Kaboul) who were missed this season but who are well on the road to full fitness.” center_img Gareth Bale has been linked with a summer move to Real Madrid after an outstanding season that has seen him score 30 goals for club and country. Levy has used his annual chairman’s message to Spurs supporters as a way of insisting that the club’s top stars would not be leaving in the summer. last_img read more

first_imgManchester City’s players are all behind struggling Joe Hart, according to Pablo Zabaleta. The England goalkeeper hit the headlines for the wrong reason this week with high-profile mistakes in City’s 3-1 Champions League defeat by Bayern Munich. It is not the first time Hart’s form has been questioned over the last couple of seasons, and he might have done better for Everton’s goal in City’s 3-1 win at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday. Romelu Lukaku’s shot was well struck and from close range, but Hart got a good hand to it only for the ball to bounce into the net anyway. Full-back Zabaleta revealed Hart was unhappy with the goal but expects him to rediscover his best form. The Argentinian said: “We saw him during the week a little bit down. We need him to come back again to his best. “Sometimes it happens in football but that’s why team-mates need to support all the players. He knows we’re all behind him. “Of course he’s upset. It’s really hard for any player when you know you’re not doing well. He has a personality so he needs to show that he’s coming back to his best. And I’m sure he will do because he’s a great goalkeeper. “We’ve seen him for a long time doing very well so that’s why it’s strange to see him like this.” The home crowd were particularly vocal in support of their number one, who joined City from Shrewsbury in 2006. Zabaleta said: “He’s been here for a long time and the fans are behind him, everybody’s behind him. I felt very good when I saw the crowd giving massive support to him. We need to be all together in this time.” Press Association City boss Manuel Pellegrini admitted he thought hard about picking Romanian Costel Pantilimon ahead of Hart before deciding to stick with the England keeper. Zabaleta does not expect the competition to adversely affect Hart, saying: “Costel is another great goalkeeper and he is putting pressure on him, and that is great. “I think for everyone, we know we’ve got two good players in every position and we need to feel the competition. That is normal.” After the loss to Bayern and a previous league defeat by Aston Villa, it was an important victory for City against a team who had not lost a Premier League game under Roberto Martinez until Saturday. “We needed to win,” said Zabaleta. “I think it was only about winning the game after two defeats in a row. “It was a difficult week for us, especially the game we lost against Bayern Munich. We needed to respond well and I think we did it. “We conceded an early goal and it was important to score two goals in the first half. Then the second half I think we played well.” Zabaleta was the architect of the third goal when he went down in the box under pressure from Seamus Coleman and referee Jon Moss gave a penalty. Everton were furious, and Zabaleta conceded the decision was a “soft” one. He said: “I think there was small contact. It was maybe a silly penalty. I watched it in the dressing room and maybe it was a little bit soft but I think it was a penalty. “He just pushed me away a little bit. I can understand that Coleman was a little bit disappointed. But I was talking with Leighton Baines after the game and after the penalty and he understood. “And when the referee showed me a yellow card for a foul against him he went to the referee saying I touched the ball and it was no foul. I like that.” last_img read more

first_img Press Association “What professional move doesn’t have risk with it?” Lampard added. “It’s not a risk. It’s a challenge. I can be in the middle of that challenge. “I want to make New York City a team that New Yorkers are proud of. And I will do my best to do that.” Lampard made 649 appearances for Chelsea, scoring a club record 211 goals, since signing from West Ham in 2001. He signed a one-year contract extension with the Blues in May 2013 after mulling over a move to Los Angeles Galaxy, who he will now play in opposition from next spring. Lampard, who won every club trophy on offer with Chelsea, added: “Why not choose New York City? It’s a very exciting challenge for me in life terms. “I’ve seen the vision, a real long-term plan and I wanted to be part of that. I want to test myself, I want to carry on challenging myself, I want to be that leader, and not just on the pitch, but someone off the pitch. “I had a fantastic 13 years at Chelsea, I can look back at that with immense pride. “(But) it was a good time for myself and Chelsea that I moved on.” “I’ve had a bit of time after the World Cup, which was obviously a huge disappointment,” Lampard said at his unveiling in Brooklyn. “I now need to think about England and think about what I want to do with that. “I haven’t got a complete answer, but now I know where I’ll be playing my football next year I can make that decision.” Lampard had no hesitation in moving to Major League Soccer, but with the season not beginning until next spring he may make a temporary move in the meantime. David Villa, the franchise’s other marquee signing, has joined Melbourne City FC on loan and Lampard could also switch to Australia. He added: “I’m going to keep fit, that’s the main thing. How I do that is not clear yet. “I’m going to sit round with people at the club and sort that out.” Lampard became the fourth player to sign for New York City FC, the MLS’ 20th expansion franchise, and insisted the switch was not a gamble despite joining a new club in a still-emerging league. Frank Lampard will make a decision over his England future after completing his move to New York City FC on a two-year deal. The 36-year-old midfielder prioritised his club future after leaving Chelsea following a 13-year stint in June. Lampard has made 106 England appearances, scoring 29 goals, and was in Roy Hodgson’s 23-man World Cup squad in Brazil. last_img read more

first_imgMS Dhoni returned to action to lead Chennai Super Kings (CSK) to a dominant 80-run defeat of Delhi Capitals (DC) in a clash between the top two in the Indian Premier League (IPL).Captain Dhoni, Faf du Plessis and Ravindra Jadeja all missed the humbling defeat by Mumbai Indians last time out, yet they were back yesterday and helped their side return to winning ways.du Plessis was not quite at his imperious best and contributed to a slow start, but Dhoni made an unbeaten 44 off 22 late on – after Suresh Raina’s 59 – and a total of 179-4 left the Capitals with plenty of work to do.Although an initially impressive response saw Shreyas Iyer make 44, Delhi lost the last eight wickets for 47 runs to be all out for 99 as Jadeja (3-9) and Imran Tahir (4-12) made hay.SLUGGISH START FROM SUPER KINGSThe Super Kings crawled along at the start of the powerplay, registering just three singles in each of their first three overs, before Shane Watson departed for a nine-ball duck in the fourth.Chennai improved only to 27-1 by the end of the six-over restrictions and they were 53-1 through 10 overs, seemingly on course for a below-par total.Raina had arrived to the middle by then, though, and the pace finally picked up when du Plessis (39) sent Axar Patel to Shikhar Dhawan, allowing Dhoni to dazzle in the closing stages.DHONI DELIVERS AT CRUCIAL TIMERaina hit three boundaries in succession shortly before departing in the 15th over, having provided all 15 runs in his brief third-wicket stand with Dhoni.The scoring simply ramped up from there and Dhoni smashed four fours and three sixes, while Jadeja made 25 from 10, helping the Super Kings hit 53 from the final three overs against a Delhi attack without Kagiso Rabada.It was a much-needed intervention, too, as the Capitals started in fine fashion, ending the powerplay on a competitive 59-2. REMARKABLE COLLAPSE ENDS CHASE EARLYThe wicket of Dhawan (19) midway the sixth over appeared to derail Delhi and their response to losing the opener was to fold in a hurry.Rishabh Pant (5) and Colin Ingram soon departed (1) while Patel and Sherfane Rutherford went to Tahir in the same over, leaving the score at 83-6.It became more brutal still when Jadeja saw Dhoni stump both Chris Morris for a first-ball duck and Iyer, who faced 33 deliveries, manage four boundaries as well as a solitary six, as the Capitals lost all composure.A run-out did not aid Delhi as they were bowled out with 22 balls remaining to slip two points behind Chennai in the standings.last_img read more