ykodohxv

first_imgThe Provincial Health Office of Aklanearlier recommended an indefinite suspension of the games following thenational government’s suggestion for people to avoid crowded places as aprecautionary measure against the 2019-nCoV. WVRA winners will represent WesternVisayas in the 2020 Palarong Pambansa in Marikina City, Metro Manila. ILOILO City – The deferment of theWestern Visayas Regional Athletic Association (WVRAA) Meet originally scheduledfrom Feb. 15 to 22 with Aklan province as host should not be viewed with alarmor dismay, according to the Department of Education (DepEd). These delegates come from elementaryand high schools of Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo, and NegrosOccidental. The new dates were agreed by all 20Schools Divisions during a regional management committee meeting, according toLea Belleza, DepEd regional information officer. “Let us take thepostponement positively. We will have more than enough time to prepare forthe WVRAA,” said Dr. Miguel Mac Aposin, Aklan Schools Division superintendent. Due to concerns over the 2019 novelcoronavirus (2019-nCoV), DepEd Region 6 rescheduled this year’s WVRAA to March(21 to 28). In approving the rescheduling, DepEdregional director Dr. Ma. Gemma Ledesma said, “We cannot afford to risk thesafety and health of almost 6,000 delegates which include athletes, coaches,technical officials, chaperones, and working committees.” “The playing venues and billetingquarters are ready but the safety of the athletesand sports officials is our top priority,” agreed Aposin./PNlast_img read more

first_imgZURICH, Switzerland (Reuters) – A proposal to create a two-division world soccer league for leading clubs is “far-fetched” and “insane”, UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said in a statement on Friday.The Financial Times and New York Times have reported that discussions led by Real Madrid president Florentino Perez have taken place over the possibility of setting up the league featuring the world’s richest clubs split into two divisions.The FT has reported that CVC Capital Partners and Gianni Infantino, president of soccer’s world governing body FIFA, are among those approached by Perez about a new league.“I have read about this insane plan. If reports are to be believed, it comes from a single club president (not the owner) and a lone football administrator,” said Ceferin. “It would be hard to think of a more selfish and egotistical scheme.“It would clearly ruin football around the world; for the players, for the fans and for everyone connected with the game – all for the benefit of a tiny number of people.“Luckily, there is still too much common sense in the game for this kind of crazy notion to succeed. In fact, it is so far-fetched I cannot actually believe anyone has dreamed it up.”Last month, Real chief Perez was chosen as the first president of the newly-formed World Football Club Association, following a meeting hosted by FIFA president Gianni Infantino.The other founders were AC Milan, Auckland City, Boca Juniors, River Plate, America of Mexico, Guangzhou Evergrande and Congo’s TP Mazembe.FIFA and Real Madrid could not immediately be reached for comment.last_img read more

first_imgIn their final home game of the 2016-17 season, the University of Wisconsin women’s hockey team will take on ECAC’s Robert Morris University to secure their spot in the NCAA Frozen Four tournament.After a successful weekend in which the Badgers (31-2-4-0, 22-2-4-0 WCHA) took down the University of North Dakota and the University of Minnesota, Duluth to win the WCHA championship, Wisconsin gets to come home and continue their post-season play.Men’s basektball: Badgers face difficult test in preparation for the big danceAsk Nigel Hayes about the final standings of the Big Ten, and the University of Wisconsin men’s basketball senior forward Read…Moving from a best-of-three tournament style of play to a single-elimination game on Saturday means the Badgers have to be at the top of their game if they wish to get back to the Frozen Four.The Badgers have luck on their side since they are the top seed of the tournament, and they get to play this do-or-die game at LaBahn Arena. Wisconsin currently has a 15-1-2 record here at home, so defeating them is going to be a tough challenge.Wisconsin has only met RMU during the 2011-12 regular season. This will be the first time the Colonials (24-4-6, 15-3-2 ECAC) have ever made it this far in the NCAA tournament, so the Badgers’ experience will be a major advantage Saturday.The UW has tried for the last three years to not only make it back to the Frozen Four tournament but to make it past the semi-final round, in which the Badgers have always fallen to the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities and thus, ending their season.This year, things are changing for Wisconsin. Thanks to an impressive defeat by Duluth during the WCHA semi-final round, Minnesota does not gain home-ice advantage this tournament.Men’s hockey: Badgers look to take down Buckeyes in regular season finaleThe University of Wisconsin men’s hockey team will take on No. 15 Ohio State in the final series of regular Read…As luck would also have it, the Gophers will not only lose their home-ice advantage, but they will also have to play the Bulldogs in order to get through to the Frozen Four. The Gophers are 9-5-2 on the road, and they also sustained two of those losses to the Bulldogs earlier this season in Duluth.If, and it is a big if, Duluth manages to usurp their fellow Minnesotans this weekend, the Badgers might be able to break their Frozen Four semi-final curse. Wisconsin has a far better record against Duluth (3-1-1) than Minnesota (1-1-2) this season. Facing the Bulldogs in the Frozen Four semi-final round would be much more favorable for the Badgers than facing the Gophers.Before any of that can happen, the Badgers need to take care of the Colonials. The puck drops Saturday at 2 p.m. and fans can view the game on the Wisconsin Channel or 100.9 FM.last_img read more

first_imgThurles CBS are through to the All-Ireland Post Primary School final after running out 18 points to 1-12 winners over St Peter’s College Wexford this afternoon. At half time both sides were level with CBS scoring 0-12 points to St Peter’s 1-9.The Tipp school last won the Croke Cup in 2009 and they’ll play the winners of the second semi-final on Saturday between St Kieran’s College Kilkenny and Presentation College Athenry.  Thurles CBS manager John Devane was pleased with his side’s determination to come out on top.Raffaele Rocca was at the game for Tipp FM Sport.last_img read more

first_imgThe Clonmel man who’s won 2 caps for Ireland will join French side Pau where his ex teammates Cashel’s Paddy Butler, James Coughlan and Sean Dougall are already in place.The 28 year old second row will miss the rest of the season with a wrist injury.last_img

first_imgITTF AFRICAN CHAMPIONSHIPSNigeria’s Aruna Quadri and Egypt’s Dina Meshref have been seeded as top seeds as the singles event of the 2018 ITTF African Championships serves off on Friday September 7, 2018 in Mauritius.Action will return to the Beau Bassin Sports Complex after a one-day rest following the conclusion of the team event on Wednesday September 5 with Nigeria and Egypt picking the slots for Africa to the 2019 ITTF World Team Cup in Tokyo, Japan. In the absence of the defending champion – Egypt’s Omar Assar, Aruna Quadri was named the Number One seed and he will start his campaign from the second round (round of 32) after getting a bye from the first round.Also, as the second seed in the men’s singles, Egypt’s Ahmed Saleh also got a bye to the second round and the third seed is Egypt’s Mohammed El-Beiali who had a bye to the second round as well.Aside Meshref who got a bye to the second round, Nigeria’s Olufunke Oshonaike seeded number two also had a bye to the second round.Also the men and women doubles event will precede the kick-off of the singles event while the semifinal of the mixed doubles will hold as well on same day.It promises to be a busy day for all the teams as battle for the top spots in the remaining five events (doubles (men and women), singles (men and women) and mixed doubles continues at the championships.Apart from playing for pride, the players will be aiming to share from the $25,000 prize money set aside for the last four players in the remaining five events.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Aruna-Quadrilast_img read more

first_img Share StumbleUpon Cryptocurrencies may have taken a battering this year, but there are brighter times ahead according to Cashbet President Ed Brennan, who predicted that 2019 will be the year in which the concept achieves mainstream adoption for igaming.SBC: What movements and tech advances have defined crypto for igaming in 2018? EB: There were a lot of ICO’s in 2018. The challenge has been to turn these tokens into broadly useable means of exchange inside and outside of the industry – both as a bespoke gambling chip and a currency. In line with these advances, CashBet has been working to get our crypto tools deployed to enable the inevitable adoption of blockchain in the gaming vertical for the year ahead. SBC: This year we’ve seen the Malta Gaming Authority adopt its own sandbox framework; are any other countries doing the same?EB: Malta and Japan are leading the way by adopting blockchain, crypto and regulatory changes. The regulatory part is really the key enabler for everything else to happen. By creating a framework for all DLTs and blockchain based protocol, Malta is in effect creating a legal environment that can include everything underpinned by this technology; from ICOs to crypto assets to the regulation of crypto exchanges, all decentralised. The success of Malta is likely to influence key decisions made by EU lawmakers in 2019 as they do not yet have a framework in place. While Malta may not carry the same regulatory weight as the EU, which does not yet have a framework in place, Malta will serve as a fantastic example for the EU’s regulators and the rest of the world. SBC: What hurdles stand in the way for mainstream adoption of crypto in igaming in 2019? EB: There are still regulatory hurdles to clear. As markets become regulated, the adoption by players (and operators) in those markets increases exponentially. We are working very closely with multiple regulatory bodies to help them better understand how crypto works and how to better regulate it. We think this will yield the best regulatory in the long run. SBC: In terms of crypto adoption, where do you think we’ll be this time next year?EB: I think we will see several gaming companies become fully crypto-enabled on a global scale. One of the few hurdles left for crypto to go mainstream is regulatory adoption, and once that happens, the take-off will be unprecedented. We are currently working with several of the top gaming providers globally to bring our token into their igaming and land-based casinos and can tell you that there are some incredibly exciting developments lying ahead. Share Submitlast_img read more

first_imgAshantigold keeper Fatau Dauda has backed the technique used by Hearts keeper Soulama Abdoulaye which unfortunately led to an own goal in their Super Clash defeat against Kotoko.The Ghana international was of the view the Burkinabe was unfortunate with the incident as his technique used was spot on.“I don’t think we should blame Soulama for the goal the conceded because as a goalkeeper I watched the match and when the ball got to him, he wanted to use the right technique to clear the ball out but it was unfortunate he conceded that goal,” he told Joy Sports.“When the pass got to him Dauda Mohammed tried to rush him so he decided to use a technique to clear the ball out but it was rather unfortunate he tried to use the right technique but it didn’t work for him.”“The supporters should get behind him and help build his confidence up because I know Soulama is a strong person and I know he will recover.”  Dauda himself has had an inconsistent season with the Miners in the league this season. –Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySportslast_img read more

first_imgLOS ANGELES >> You almost had to wonder who would come out of the locker room after halftime. Then again, if the Lakers were unrecognizable on Wednesday, what will they look like after today’s trading deadline.At Staples Center, though, maybe it didn’t matter because the fans who have already given up on the 2013-14 season were there for some unfinished business from last summer.Dwight Howard returned after spurning the Lakers in free agency last year, and the booing was basically a distraction from the 134-108 thumping the Houston Rockets put on the Lakers.Inside the Lakers blog | Box score Worse, Howard put on a show the first three times he touched the ball. The first was a left-handed hook over Chris Kaman. The next was a baseline dunk, after which he drew a technical foul for a little extra celebration.Howard, who didn’t play after the third quarter, followed with a rebound dunk, and he finished with 20 points, 13 rebounds, three blocks and two steals. James Harden added 29 points and 11 assists. Chandler Parsons had 18 points.Kendall Marshall had 20 points and 16 assists and Wesley Johnson scored 24 for the Lakers, but it was all about the boos. There were torrents of jeers for the big man who chose to take his talents to South Texas. They started when he walked on to the court for warmups an hour before tipoff. They continued during the national anthem when he appeared on the scoreboard video board, team introductions and every time he touched the ball.He might as well have been a member of the Boston Celtics. They might get a better reception Friday. Howard was ready for anything, since he had already gone through a similar welcome from the fans in Orlando. And aside from the technical foul, he kept his cool, talked to a couple of fans, smiled now and then and even joined in one of the “Howard sucks” chants.“We’re always going to have fun when we’re playing basketball,” Howard said. “We love what we’re doing. “I wanted to come out here and show the fans here that I’m about winning. Unfortunately (last season) I just wasn’t healthy enough and neither was the team.”So the eight players left in uniform for the Lakers trotted out to take on a team that won its eighth consecutive game. And they were depleted once again.In the first of many expected moves before Thursday’s noon trading deadline, guard Steve Blake — who had just left the court after warmups to change into his uniform — discovered he had been traded to Golden State.In return, the Lakers get MarShon Brooks and Kent Bazemore, who had received scant playing time for the Warriors. Blake will fit right in as a reserve guard for a team gearing for a deep playoff run. The Lakers will simply try to shave their payroll.And the rumors continued to swirl around the Lakers. Jordan Hill, who could apparently end up in any one of four or five cities, was still playing in a gold uniform.Injured center Pau Gasol, another piece of the rumor puzzle, joined the Lakers on the bench for the second half. He’s still a practice or two from returning from a strained groin.“He had a good practice (Tuesday), looked upbeat,” Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni said of Gasol. “But the trade deadline is for everybody. Everybody has to deal with it. When you’re with a team that’s out of the playoff hunt right now, obviously that looms over everybody and I’m sure a lot of guys will breathe a sigh of relief when it’s all over.”Not to mention D’Antoni, who had to wheel and deal on the fly after Blake left the building. The coach didn’t feel much like looking ahead to whatever other moves the Lakers will make.“Right now I’m just anticipating getting a bunch of Advil because I’ve got a little knife stuck in my eye right here,” D’Antoni said afterward. “We’ll see what happens, we’ll deal with it.”center_img Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img read more

first_img NBA All-Star 2019: Jazz president, coach blast selection process after Rudy Gobert left off roster 😂🤙🏼 pic.twitter.com/nNErjbZ5kT— Andre Drummond (@AndreDrummond) February 1, 2019Drummond is averaging a career-high 16.7 points and 14.9 rebounds in 2018-19. Detroit has a 22-28 record and holds the ninth spot in the Eastern Conference.  Vucevic on the other hand is also averaging a career high in points per game (20.6). He is also tallying 12 rebounds per contest, but Orlando is 11th in the standings. Related News Quite a few NBA players are upset about All-Star snubs.Pistons center Andre Drummond is a two-time All-Star. He might not have been too thrilled about Magic center Nikola Vucevic making the roster over him, so he took to Twitter to post a meme possiby directed at Orlando’s big man. Drummond’s running mate Blake Griffin was named an All-Star for the sixth time. Many players are having career years, so there’s bound to be some disagreements.last_img read more